- Go Ride! Our young riders sessions are back this May.
- Improve fitness and riding skills! Structured multi-group riding at Castle Combe starts 14th May.
- Ride like a Pro! Putting your riding skills into practice on weekend rides.
- Ready to race? Our very own experts are on hand to help.
Go Ride: Go Ride will return to Castle Combe Thursday 9th of May. Details are as follows:
- Available for riders from 4 to 11 years of age (as long as they can ride without stabilisers)
- All that’s needed is a serviceable bike, a helmet, sensible shoes and no loose clothing
- Sessions 1 to 3 are on 9th, 16th & 23rd May
- Sessions 4 to 6 are on 6th, 13th* & 20th June *(please note this session has been cancelled due to no circuit availability)
- Timings are 6pm to 7pm
- 6 sessions costs £15.00 – it is preferred parents book for the whole course
- Parental consent forms will need to be completed at enrolment and will be available at the start
- To book places or for more details please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Castle Combe Group Riding: Structured club group riding will start on the 14th May at 6.30pm with a choice of groups for riders to join. All groups will have a ride leader who will brief the session prior to the start and will control speed and safety. It is recommended that club kit is worn in order to stop non-club riders interloping the group (some spare gilets may be available at the start). The meeting point is the tarmac area just off the start grid. Groups will be organised as follows:
‘No one gets dropped’ coaching group (12-15 mph average). This group is aimed at those new to group riding or those wanting a steadier ride. It is also an ideal step up for young riders who have out grown Go Ride (N.B. a serviceable road bike is required). Qualified coaches will lead this group and will introduce basic and more advanced coaching points dependent upon riders’ abilities and needs.
*Quicker Group 1 (15-19 mph average). A medium paced group ride aimed at riding smoothly and developing efficient and safe road riding.
*Quicker Group 2 (20-23mph plus average). A faster group ride aimed at developing fitness as well as effective group riding skills. Riders are encouraged to maintain a chain gang style ride with all, if not the bulk of participating riders finishing as a group.
Transferring group riding skills to the road: There are regular club rides for all abilities advertised on the club website and the Club has a good reputation for responsible riding. Just as a reminder these rides are ‘Group’ focussed and should essentially replicate the skills practiced at Castle Combe. Remember smooth and consistent is always faster over distance; it is also safer and more enjoyable (for most). If riders are frustrated at the speed of the ride, they should consider joining a different group. If riders feel the need to power up a hill or sprint for a sign, please allow the bunch to re-group once done in order to maintain the integrity of the group ride – After all cycling is a team sport, right??
Ready to Race? If you are thinking about giving racing a go, either road race or time trial? The club has hugely experienced racers, ex-racers and qualified coaches on hand to provide advice and guidance on how to get started. They can also help with the type of training and skills development needed to help you with your competitive goals.
For more information about any of the above please contact the Coaching Team at email@example.com
*When numbers of riders are low, only one Quicker group will be formed.
We look forward to seeing you there!