It’s almost time for the first in the series of our Club Audax rides – we hope you are all fighting fit and ready for the challenge? The 50km ride always proves to be a popular one, and we already have early indication that participant numbers are expected to be extremely high, so it should be a great day! To help you get organised in advance, we’ve put together some useful information for you to have a quick read before Sunday…
– For those of you who haven’t heard the news, our Club house has moved! ALL AUDAX RIDES will now start and finish at the Chippenham Sports Club click here for map
– The Chippenham Sports Club has plenty of free parking on site, please can we ask you DO NOT PARK in any of the ‘RESERVED’ spaces. Thank you.
– The registration desk will be open from 9.30am.
– Done the Club Audax before? Find your name on the sheet, check all the other details are still correct, tick the box and pay your money – simple!
– Not done the Club Audax before? Let the friendly chaps on the desk know and they will show you where to add your name, emergency contact details, and pay your entry fee.
– The cost to enter this Audax is £2.50 for club members and £3.50 for non-members – the correct change is always appreciated.
– We’ve decided this year, no brevet cards will be issued, this should hopefully help reduce the queues and allow everyone to leave on time. Instead, you will just need to tick the signing-on sheet again when you arrive at Brinkworth Village Hall, just so we know you’ve made it!
– If you like to carry a good old fashioned paper route sheet you can print your route sheet here
– If you like to use one of these modern computer devices you can download the route here
– The ride will start departing from 10.00am – please be mindful that we head straight out onto the main road, so caution is required.
– To avoid large groups of cyclists leaving on mass, we ask that small groups are formed, and a decent gap is left between each group departing.
– Hot drinks and cakes will be available at Brinkworth Village Hall. As this is set to be a busy event, lots of cyclists will arrive at a similar time, so there may be a few minutes wait to get your teas and coffees – please be patient whilst everyone is being served, and it goes without saying, but please remember to be polite to the volunteers who have given up their time to help make the event happen!
– Also, a polite notice from the village hall who have asked NOT TO LEAVE/DUMP YOUR BIKES ON THE GRASS AREA as their daffodil bulbs will be coming up. Thank you.
– We now have access to changing rooms and showers at the Sports Club, if you wish to use these after the event, please make sure you leave them clean and tidy ready for the next person.
– We currently don’t have a dedicated area to leave bikes, so in the meantime, the paving-slabbed area underneath the building (facing the cricket pitch) can be used. The bar upstairs does have cameras viewing this area, however, they would like to emphasise that any bikes and belongings are left at your own risk.
– For any Club members taking part, The Sports Club will be serving light bites and drinks after the ride. We look forward to seeing you in the Members Bar!
And last but not least
– Can you help? if you are able to lend a hand at this event, we would love to see you! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org