Introducing the Dunlop Shield – a Club Team competition
Our Club President Mike Edwards has been heavily involved in the development of a new competition for the Western Time Trials Association. It is called the "Dunlop Shield" and is for WTTA clubs to compete against each other at time trial events. This means that club riders can also help their club win points as well as riding as an individual against other riders.
In other words, the more Wheelers that turn up at a WTTA event the better the Club will do in the Club competition (hopefully!).
- It works like this. The Dunlop Shield will be awarded annually to an affiliated club amassing the greatest number of points from events and conditions stipulated below.
- Points to be based on a team of three club riders finishing in the first three team places,” for the stipulated events held on West D.C. roads. These are known as U courses in the dark and secretive world of time trialling.
- Individual riders can differ per event”,” provided that a rider is a first claim member of that club.
- Team positions for each event to be determined by the finishing order of each affiliated rider. One point for first”,” two for second and pro-rata down to nine points for the ninth rider. The club with the lowest total will be awarded first position and the higher scores will take second and third.
- If a tie results for any individual event”,” the time of the fastest third placed rider of each team will be the deciding factor.
- Qualifying events are 10mile”, 25mile, 50mile and 100mile time trials. (Hard-riders, Hill-climbs and Team Time Trials do not qualify, except the Hard-rider’s events at the standard distances of 25,” 50 and 100miles).
Team points to be awarded per the table listed below:
|Position||10 miles||25 miles||50 miles||100 miles|
The good news is that Chippenham are currently lying second in this new Club competition! If you would like more info on either time trialling”,” club or open events or The Dunlop Shield please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|1||BRISTOL SOUTH C.C.||111|
|2||CHIPPENHAM & DISTRICT WHS||75|
|5||GLOUCESTER CITY C.C.||35|