Chippenham Wheelers have over many years, had the use of the Castle Combe race circuit for training sessions every Tuesday night from April until September. Any club or member of the public can turn up on an evening, register and ride. The evenings are not specific to Chippenham Wheelers.
Sessions at Castle Combe commence after the clocks go forward and run weekly until the end of September. Start time: 5.30pm.
Since 2014, structured group sessions have run for club members from May to July. We insist on weearing club jersey for these sessions to assist in identifying group members and discourage interlopers.
Due to the popularity of the Castle Combe sessions, the safety and well-being of all riders is of paramount importance. The evenings are organised under the banner of Castle Combe Cycling Organisation (CCCO), established by the Circuit management and administered by Andy Cook Cycling Ltd.
- Access to the circuit is via the ‘Competitors Entrance’ on the B4039. There is a large car-park here.
- The charge to ride on the circuit is £3 per adult (£1 for under-16s). This is to cover administration and insurance costs.
- Toilet and changing facilities are available.
- Riders under 14 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Riders will need to register (£2 charge through RiderHQ), and provide emergency contact details on the first visit to these sessions. From then on riders will need to sign on and pay each evening at the gate.