It is almost time for the first in the series of our ever-popular Club Audax rides, we hope you are all fighting fit and ready to take on the challenge? The 50k ride always proves to be a busy event with participant numbers expected to be high, so to help you get organised, we have put together some useful information – please ensure you read this prior to the event.
– ALL AUDAX RIDES start and finish at the Chippenham Sports Club click here for details
– There is plenty of parking available at the Sports Club, please can we ask you not to use any of the ‘RESERVED’ spaces.
– Registration will be open from 9.30am.
– Done a Club Audax before? Find your name on the sheet, check the details are still correct, tick the box and pay your money – simple!
– Not done a Club Audax before? Let the friendly chaps on the desk know and they will show you what you need to do.
– The 50k Audax costs £2.50 for Club members and £3.50 for non-members – the correct change is much appreciated!
– Brevet cards will not be issued which should help reduce the queues and allow everyone to leave on time. Instead, please tick the signing-on sheet again when you arrive at Brinkworth Village Hall just so we know you’ve made it!
We recommend you have a good look at our new route sheet design, even if you plan to use the gpx file as it contains additional information you may find useful. This year we’re including the control opening & closing times on our routesheets. You should aim to arrive at each point between those times and at the finish for your ride to “count”. It’s designed for a wide range of speeds as noted at the bottom of the routesheet, so should be fine for most riders. Please print your own copy using the link above.
– The ride will begin departing from 10.00am – please be mindful that we head straight out onto the main road so caution is required.
– To avoid large groups of cyclists leaving on mass, we ask that small groups are formed and a decent gap is kept between each group out on the road.
– Hot drinks and cakes will be available at Brinkworth Village Hall. As this is set to be a busy event, many of you of will arrive at a similar time so there may be a few minutes wait. Please be patient whilst everyone gets served, and it goes without saying, but please be polite to the volunteers who have given up their time to help make the event happen! The Village Hall have also asked: PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YOUR BIKES ON THE GRASS AREA.
– Access to changing rooms, showers and toilets will be available before and after the ride. If you wish to use them, please make sure you leave them clean and tidy.
– There is no dedicated area to leave bikes but the paved area underneath the building (facing the cricket pitch) may be used, however the Sports Club would like to emphasise that any bikes and belongings are left at your own risk.
– The Sports Club will be serving light bites and drinks upon our return, hopefully bowls of chips and toasted sandwiches, so we look forward to seeing you all in the Members Bar afterwards!
And last but not least
– Can you help? If you are free to lend a hand with registration or at Brinkworth Village Hall, please tell us! Email Sheni Jiwa on firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other Audax information go to www.chippenhamwheelers.org/club-audax-series-2020/