You will have hopefully seen the three previous articles on Virtual World Cycling during the COVID-19 lock down (links at the bottom of this article). The committee asked for an update just in case you had not kept up or spotted the revolution which has seen Andy Cook in the virtual, Paul Winchcombe actually racing on Zwift rather than churning out huge training miles and other phenomena such as the “time warp” where a rider at the back suddenly finds themselves at the front (due to RGT Cyclings interpretation of our GPX files.
So what events are we as a club now running or are involved in:
- Wednesdays – Simon Cox – RGT Cycling – a selection of time trial courses including our own at 1840 hrs. Communication through a Time Trial FB forum. Link for each ride published on FB.
- Friday evenings – BC South – Felix Young – Swindon & Cotswolds Interclub Zwift Race, race on Zwift (3R Classique Flat Race – 5 Laps event). Currently at 18:05. You need to be signed up to https://www.zwiftpower.com/ so that Felix can do results.
- Saturday morning – Lewis Bateman – Group ride on Zwift – uses elastic band function to keep group together, riding on Zwift courses with the rest of the public. You need to follow Lewis on Zwift to be able to see the “Meet Up” event.
- Saturday morning – Simon Kay – RGT Cycling Chain Gang – follows club chain gang in elevation and turns. Starts at 09:30 and is a group ride, not a race. It is very real as Paul Winchcombe gets dropped about 3 miles from the end. Links for each ride published on FB.
- Sunday morning – Simon Cox – RGT Cycling – public time trial (or massed start race) at 10:00. Links for each ride published on FB.
- RGT Cycling events need 5 riders to be registered or else the event will not run.
- Due to the fact that each event needs its own link they are presently published via FB, although putting the links in the calendar will be trialled.
- Due to the vagaries of each platform and the multitude of turbo trainers providing advice on how to connect is hard to provide but the internet is full of advice, some even helpful.
If you need further details or advice please contact Paul Winchcombe, Simon Kay or Simon Cox. We hope to see you in the Virtual World for a bit of fun while group riding on the road is banned.
If you are out on the road, please remember to ride in a socially distanced and responsible manner.
Chippenham & District Wheelers Virtual Time Trials – Wednesday Night Series
RGT hints and tips, including how to get on RGT Cycling, including how to get the Premium version free during Covid-19